The Alufoil Trophy, organised annually by the European Aluminium Foil Association (EAFA), provides practitioners from across the European foil and closure sectors with the most prestigious and widely recognised stage to showcase their products and concepts, rewarding both excellence and innovation. The call for entries for the 2019 competition is now open until 23 November 2018.
Each year these groundbreaking developments are scrutinised by a leading panel of experts before the award of Alufoil Trophies across five categories. Winning entries are recognised as major advances in the ’state-of-the-art’ for aluminium foil and closures and offer insights into the latest trends and new market opportunities.
The competition is open to packaging designers, brand owners, foil rollers, foil converters, foil container manufacturers, closure manufacturers, household foil manufacturers, retailers, industrial solution providers, as well as interested consumer groups or associations. It is also possible to combine entries from any of these disciplines.
Announcing that entries for 2019 are now being accepted, EAFA’s Executive Director Guido Aufdemkamp said: “The current spotlight on packaging and product lifecycle performance makes it ever more important to show how aluminium foil and closures contribute to the circular economy. In industrial applications too there are strong environmental as well as technological advantages. The Alufoil Trophy is a unique platform to highlight these qualities.”
Competition categories cover every aspect of aluminium foil and closures use. Applications are accepted from packaging, construction and automotive, as well as industrial and decorative product providers, users and designers:
- Marketing + Design: Entrants should deliver real improvements to graphic and structural packaging design, ergonomics and ideas that lead to greater shelf appeal at point-of-sale, as well as industrial design applications.
- Consumer Convenience: Answering calls for improved technical performance that provides real benefits to the consumer.
- Resource Efficiency: Sustainable environmental performance is among the foremost challenges faced by industry. Developments should provide real benefits and demonstrate environmental and commercial advantages whether in consumer or industrial applications.
- Product Protection: Consumers are increasingly demanding fewer preservatives in food and this is where packaging can really come into its own by delivering products safely and hygienically.
- Technical Innovation: The development of innovative ideas should provide benefits for the brand owner, retailer, consumer and industrial user through the performance of a material, manufacturing method or conversion process.
Entries will be accepted from now until the deadline of 23 November 2018. More details and applications forms are available at www.trophy.alufoil.org.