BARRICOTE Barrier Papers: Successful Hygiene Certification at Mitsubishi HiTec Paper9 February 2018
BARRICOTE Barrier Papers: Successful Hygiene Certification at Mitsubishi HiTec Paper
BARRICOTE stands for a range of particularly environmentally friendly and at the same time very effective barrier papers for food packaging from Mitsubishi HiTec Paper. In order to meet the stringent requirements for food safety, the mills in Bielefeld and Flensburg have now been successfully certified as hygienic in accordance with INREKA and DIN EN 15593.
Following successful completion of the field tests for BARRICOTE barrier papers by the Bielefeld-based speciality paper manufacturer Mitsubishi HiTec Paper, hygiene management systems were introduced as part of an integrated management system (DIN EN ISO 9001, 14001, 50001) at the Bielefeld and Flensburg mills. These have now been certified in accordance with the INREKA certification standard including DIN EN 15593. This confirms the effective implementation of the stringent hygiene requirements placed on the production of food packaging papers.
As part of this certification, compliance with other laws and standards was confirmed at the same time:
- Regulation on food hygiene (8.8.2007)
- EC regulation 852/2004 on food hygiene (29.4.2004)
- EC regulation 2023/2006 on good manufacturing practice (22.12.2006)
- The Royal Society of Health “Food Packaging Hygiene Accreditation Scheme – Code of Good Practice” (February 1995)
- BRC / IoP Standard "Technical Standard and Protocol for Companies Manufacturing and Supplying Food Packaging Materials for Retailer Branded Products for Category A" (September 2004)
BARRICOTE barrier papers for food packaging are pure paper products made from virgin fibres with water-based coatings for combinable barriers against migration of mineral oils, water and water vapour, grease and oil, as well as aroma. Free from plastic (PE / PP), aluminium, foils or fluorocarbons, the FSC Mix and PEFC certified BARRICOTE papers are recyclable, compostable and highly sustainable. This not only protects the food, but also the environment and consumers.